Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Passion Juggler's Blogging Debut



Hello, hello! My name is Karen Kliethermes (aka - The Passion Juggler) and this is my first-time blogging. As my self-proclaimed name implies, I have a multitude of interests and hobbies that ebb and flow in intensity as I go through my daily life. While I'm a professional artist and Reiki Master/Teacher/ Practitioner, my heart also swoons for herbs, foraging, tincture-making, hiking, biking, spirituality, alternative medicine, food, cooking, baking, nutrition, music, singing, ukulele, piano, and much more. To help me not only document, but essentially web all of these things together in one place, I figured that there was no better way than starting a blog on the world wide web (*insert sensible chuckle* Apologies in advance for any terrible word puns if that's not your thing--I blame it on watching too much Bob's Burgers).

Photo Cred
In every episode of Bob's Burgers, the Daily Special board is updated with a new, wittily-named burger of the day.

I have certainly been blown away by other blog work out there, my two long-term favorites being Hyperbole and a Half and Chocolate Covered Katie. Such genuine, down-to-earth people sharing fragments of their life in a humorous and engaging manner; it's a fantastic and reachable way of of storytelling in the 21st century. I aspire to write both as eloquently and as sillily as them.

Photo Cred
Probably the most famous of all of Allie' Brosh's doodles from her well-known blog, Hyperbole and a Half

Am I a storyteller? I would say yes, in that we all are storytellers in our own ways. It merely varies through the vehicle of expression. For me, art has been the main way of storytelling, although I've found it's easier to transmit feelings and emotions through my work rather than, say, intellectual ideas, perspectives, and narratives. When paired with words, however, art becomes the ultimate package; having the presence of an artist statement or some sort of verbal/written description of one's work transmits both narrative and feeling to the viewer, making it evermore impactful. At least for my art, I'm hoping that writing blog posts on each piece will help me to efficiently express the lovely union that is storytelling and feeling.

Photo Cred
For instance, would you know just from the above image that this work is about an artist and his partner who both have AIDs and the lack of knowing which one will pass on first and when? A fabulous example of how words may be needed to completely express the meaning of artwork.

As for the many other facets of my heart's devotion, blogging now serves as the first and only form of broadcasted expression. While I've most definitely shared my ideas, stories, and experiences with friends and family, this is the first time these particular passions and their relevant stories will be exposed to the world. Scary, eh? Not for me, as I sincerely believe we don't benefit from ideas that aren't shared. I can only hope I can impart as much inspiration to others as I receive on a consistent basis.

Photo Cred
I think of this scene from Woody Allen's "Vicky Christina Barcelona"
Vicky: "Why won't your father publish his poems?"
Juan Antonio: "Well, because, he hates the world and that's his way of getting back at them, to create beautiful works and then deny them to the public"
Vicky: "My god...what makes him so angry towards the human race?"
Juan Antonio: "Because after thousands of years of civilization they still haven't learned to love."

Overall, I'm really excited to give this a try. The feeling is fitting, as I just moved to a new place, am meeting new people, and experiencing a new beginnings overall. The last couple months have been challenging to say the least; I quit an unhealthy job, fought two resistant infections, and got kicked out of my home. But what first appeared to be unwanted struggles to get me to this moment ended up being blessings in disguise. If I didn't get kicked out of my home by the landlord, I wouldn't find myself in this new, more fitting city to live in. If I didn't get so sick, I wouldn't be valuing my now very strong and healthy body. And if I didn't quit my job, I wouldn't have the time or motivation to be juggling my passions and, thus, writing my blog.

So here I am. Thank you very much for reading and any current/continued interest in my work! :)

If you're interested in connecting to my other forms of social media:
Website: karenkliethermes.com
Like my Facebook Pagehttps://www.facebook.com/KarenKliethermesEssenceoftheSoul/
Follow me on Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/karenkliethermesart/
Purchase my Printshttp://fineartamerica.com/profiles/karen-kliethermes.html
Pins on Pinteresthttps://www.pinterest.com/artistkarenk/

No comments:

Post a Comment